when in a relationship, people tend to open up a new understanding in life and experience new things, things that might either make or break you. On my case, I really can't say anything because of the fact that I still haven't had a girlfriend or whatever it is you call them these days. I guess my time was not now or I am just picky or just uninterested and does not have the energy to venture or just afraid, in the end I don't know myself why? I am a healthy young man and I sometimes experience a bit jealous when I see couples going around holding hands and laughing like the world is their own private park without the care whatsoever. Then later I get hungry and eat then I forget about it and move on.
Going back, in the story of "Games" I don't know the reason why the girl did those things, perhaps she was bored or just playful? I really don't know at all. But it did helped in some ways to spice things in a bit and find out that her boyfriend was cheating with his ex-girlfriend. Then I ask myself, why do people go in a relationship then break up then look for again and the cycle goes on and on until you realized your tired and get married to the next person you see. I mean why do others have no commitment at all? Maybe that is one of the reasons why I can't see the point of having a girlfriend if it doesn't lead to an even deeper thing like marriage. Or perhaps I am just too old fashioned.
Let us go back, it is set in the 20th century that is for sure and the idea of a liberal society gives it more hints that it is. When I look back in the old days, people stick to one and they understand each other perfectly, well not perfect but at least they have an understanding. Now its so complicated that people are always on the fast track. Using technology to find new and better people and disregard old ones like in text messaging, IM, Friendster, Multiply and so on.
The character tends to lack self-esteem for herself and thus begin her bad habit. Her boyfriend didn't help at all and just made it worse by cheating on her. I don't know what to say anymore, others seem to take it normally nowadays as if it was just a norm, a phase or a culture. But I think we should change it, we create bonds with people in the world and create a fruitful experience with them. At least thats what I think or I am just being naive....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment